Thursday, October 18, 2012

Symbaloo (vs. Delicious)

My Symbaloo WebMix
While I like the idea of a dashboard of favorites you can retrieve from any Internet-accessible computer, I can see that this graphical dashboard has some limitations - a tile for a website works well. A tile that is a 'folder' composite is less useful.

Delicious has the benefit of 'growing' your favorite links, since you can use other people's bookmarks as a way of keeping up with what's new that other net users are discovering in 'real time'.

If I were looking for links to grow my own PLN, Delicious would be an exceptionally great resource. It provides suggested tags as well as showing me what the website/webpage looks like.

Today's Delicious PLN links
And I can add any of these resources to my own Delicious account. This is social bookmarking to the max!

But "every rose has its thorns"...
Delicious users create their own tags. [You saw them on the screen image.] There is no fixed list of tags, no subject thesaurus ... so you might need to try a variety of searches if your subject is a phrase or an acronym:

Or is THIS Today's Delicious PLN links

No comments:

Post a Comment